Searching to get an early commence on the spring growing period? The Sedgwick County 4-H Extension Workplace can enable as it is planning to host the 2023 Design and style and Improve Gardening Workshop on March 4. Workshop actions will be held at the Sedgwick County Extension Training Heart 4-H Corridor (7001 W. 21st St. N., Wichita).
Early morning lectures, from 9 a.m. to noon, will provide ideas and info for beginning and skilled gardeners alike. Attendees will also have the chance to discover, gather new strategies and uncover inspiration for both of those their backyard garden and landscape.
Lecture topics of the workshop will include things like:
- Understanding Climate to Turn out to be a Better Gardener – Dick Elder, Sedgwick County Extension Grasp Gardener
- Environmental Problems for Ornamental Plants – Tim McDonnell, Kansas Forest Service Group Forester
- How Bugs and Mites Overwinter – Dr. Ray Cloyd, KSU Professor of Entomology
- Accessible Gardening – Calla Edwards, KSRE-Butler County Horticulture Agent
- Designing Drought Tolerant Landscapes – Kay Drennen, Sedgwick County Extension Master Gardener
- Maximizing Space in Your Compact Food stuff Yard – Rebecca McMahon, KSRE-Sedgwick County Horticulture Agent
- Monarch Butterfly, Rock Star of the Insect World – Dennice Craig, Sedgwick County Extension Master Gardener
Moreover, this year, there will be three gardening workshops offered through an afternoon session from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Gardners keen to get palms-on expertise are encouraged to go to people workshops, which will go in excess of seed commencing, lawn mowing and composting. Place is constrained for the afternoon workshops, with different registration necessary.
Price tag to go to the Layout and Develop Gardening Workshop is $10 for the morning lectures (by way of Feb. 24) and $20 for an afternoon workshop. Prices maximize by $5 each and every on Feb. 25. To sign-up or for extra facts, visit http://www.tinyurl.com/designandgrow2023.
The Layout and Improve Gardening Workshop is sponsored by the Sedgwick County Extension Learn Gardener Volunteers. All proceeds assist the Sedgwick County Extension Grasp Gardener Volunteer method, which focuses on local community outreach and training connected to gardening.