COLUMBUS, Ohio (WTVG) – Ohio Attorney Basic Dave Yost is suing a Toledo household-improvement contractor accused of stealing about $54,000 from property owners, in accordance to a information launch.
The lawsuit says that Michael Windle, the proprietor and operator of Ceremony-On Roofing and Siding, acknowledged deposits from customers but failed to deliver any goods or products and services, in accordance to the attorney general’s place of work.
Yost’s lawsuit requests Windle be ordered to shell out back again his clients as effectively as pay civil penalties and court prices, the push launch claims.
“This person really should modify the identify of his company to Rip-Off Roofing,” Yost reported. “Hard-doing the job Ohioans paid for a provider, and no operate was performed. That is not how we do enterprise in Ohio.”
According to tp the press release, the company’s techniques violated the Ohio Consumer Gross sales Techniques Act and prompted much more than a dozen issues to AG Yost’s workplace and the Greater Small business Bureau, The press launch suggests, the BBB has revoked Ceremony-On’s accreditation.
To prevent turning into a target of fraud, the Customer Safety Portion of Yost’s business office recommends that individuals just take these techniques right before signing a deal for home-advancement products and services:
- Look at with the Legal professional General’s Office and BBB for any problems versus the contractor.
- Make confident your deal incorporates see of your right to cancel a doorway-to-door sale.
- Get penned estimates from quite a few contractors ahead of generating a final choice.
- Look at to make sure that the penned contract features any oral promises built by the contractor the project commence and stop dates and an itemized listing of all sizeable expenditures, labor and providers.
- Be aware if the deal necessitates a significant down payment or requires you to compose a examine specifically to the contractor alternatively of his or her firm.
- Check with the Ohio Secretary of State’s Business office to confirm that the company is registered properly.
See a spelling or grammar mistake in our tale? Be sure to consist of the title when you simply click in this article to report it.
Copyright 2023 WTVG. All rights reserved.